Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

Drying Troubles

I have a tumble dryer.  It hasn't been a happy bunny.  It fainted yesterday so I took out the condenser filter and gave it a good spray down, just like the handbook said.  Then this morning I put in a load of bear's shirts and it tumbled dried them beautifully.  It hasn't worked since.

This is not the first time that the dryer has come over all useless.  I suppose I'm not surprised.  For some reason I've been getting a lot done this week and that includes catching up with the washing and drying and I've changed all the beds.  I suppose the dryer was feeling frail. 

I've just looked back through the blog and the dryer is almost exactly two years old.  It should be doing better than this.  In the past it's sulked and not worked and then a few days later it's started with no bother. 

I'm going to have to sort out the dining room (where the dryer currently lives) to allow for drying on airers.  This is not going to be a quick process as currently the ironing pile is so big that it's getting its own postcode.  Plus there are a lot of things that need to be either placed elsewhere or thrown out.  The dryer will probably start working again soon, but it makes sense to limit its use anyway. 

It's getting to the time of year where, weather permitting, I can dry things on the line.  Except that the smell of the illegal drugs in the street is strong enough to stop a clock and I can't bear the scent of it. 

I wonder if I can make home made fabric freshener?  I could dry on the line and then squirt the clothes with fake Febreeze and not be overcome by the smell from the neighbours.  I'm off to google. 

5 comments:

  1. I chuckled all the way through this post. At least you can sit in the garden and get high while the laundry dries... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can say is that it explains a lot about the dog next door but one! LM x

      Delete
  2. theres a wealth of instructionals on you tube on how to fix home electricals , we nursed a sick dryer for years just because it had a temperamental heat sensor , nowhere in any of the paperwork it came with did it mention the tiny push switch on the back that you could reset it with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very interesting and useful information!!! Thank you! LM x

      Delete
  3. Lol - love the first comment! Our dryer - touch wood - is still working. There's no chance to dry anything outside here in the winter. It's just too cold and things would freeze (yes, I discovered this from experience). I must admit my tumble dryer is one of the few appliances I find I can't do without. Hope yours works again!

    ReplyDelete