Pages

Friday 2 March 2018

A Key to Success?

DH has brought home a present for bear (and he'll sort of be using it as well).  It's a set of lock picks and a practice lock. 

I can't fault him.  It's the sort of thing a young teenage lad can show off to at school and get some serious school yard cred.  If he gets into it I'm going to keep an eye out for old padlocks for bear to practice on.  There are a lot worse things he could do and it's a useful skill if he ever finds himself locked out. 

I'm not worried about bear getting into bad ways.  He is very, very clear about rules and the need to follow them.  He is meticulous.  I wonder if I ought to lock some stuff away for him for the challenge? 

We are still lucky here when it comes to the weather.  It's snowy, but it's not too bad.  My thoughts are with those who are really struggling, particularly those in the 3500 vehicles who have been stranded in the Pennines.  I hope we get back to the normal British rain soon. 

2 comments:

  1. You can get into houses with Yale type locks using a credit card - had to do this once when I locked myself out accidentally! Lock picking sounds like a great hobby.
    Still stuck in Scotland can't travel back home to Yorkshire until M62 reopens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to learn how to pick a lock. I wouldn't necessarily use it for anything bad but it would be an interesting skill to have.

    ReplyDelete