Pages

Monday 8 January 2018

Good News Bad News

I probably have something like the flu.  I'm not saying I actually have the flu.  That's a defeatist attitude.  However I developed all the symptoms here this afternoon except for stomach issues.  What is worse, I developed them before I saw the list so I can't even convince myself that I convinced myself.  As my stomach is fine then it's not flu, but just a chill. 

I think painkillers and hot drinks will see me just fine.  I just hope that bear and DH don't get this.  Last time DH got the flu (diagnosed by a doctor) he didn't take enough time off work and it dragged him down for months.  I don't like the idea of bear feeling as poorly as I do. 

The good news is that I have access to eBay to help me out with life's little requirements.  The bad news is that my temperature is getting higher and my record of shopping while running a temperature is erratic.

There's only one thing to do - start a new knitting project.  Or at least think about starting one as I'm actually feeling a little too achy to knit for the moment. 

And, like Sharon, I think I'm allergic to organisation.  There's no way I can stick to the meal plan when I'm like this!


7 comments:

  1. I didn’t have tummy ache or the runs when I had flu. I was ill for 2 weeks followed by another 4 weeks with a double dose of bronchitis, never want it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awful! I hope you're recovered now! LM x

      Delete
  2. Glad I'm not the only allergic one lol! Feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I was almost expecting something like this lol! Thank you for all your good wishes. LM x

      Delete
  3. You really don’t need to have every symptom to have the flu. High temperatures, aching, shivery, cough, headaches, feeling awful are main ones. Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better, soon! I like that bit about being allergic to organization! I think I am, too! NO meal plans here, but then, I have only myself to please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I think I'm abandoning meal plans here for the time being as well! LM x

      Delete