Pages

Monday 1 January 2018

Day One

It feels like Day One in a new chapter.  I'm not saying I've been marvellous today, but I've been better.  I've been out of the house to visit my brother who lives around half an hour away in the car.  We had an amazing time, with lots of good food, presents were exchanged (bear was spoiled!) and we had some lovely doggy cuddles. 

I've started clearing out my various email accounts, some of which are very clogged, and I've checked in on my Facebook pages.  I've signed up to a Future Learn course, fingers crossed.  I have a record of starting but failing to finish these courses and I want to try and get somewhere this time.    Future Learn is a site where you can sign up to free courses in all sorts of things.  The courses are offered by places like the Open University and are entry level with no accreditation, but they're the real deal from proper departments.  I've eyed up a course on maths puzzles to keep up with bear but I decided against it as I didn't want to have to ask bear to explain it all to me, and I considered some of the business courses as I really ought to treat the writing I do as a business.  I've also listened to positive music. 

Most importantly, I've actually done some writing.  If you are interested in Tales from the White Hart, the latest installment is here.  As this is the first installment since August, to my shame, you may like to read the story from the beginning, here.  The story so far comes in at @ 35,000 words.  When it gets to @ 60,000 words and a good place to stop then I'll publish it as a free ebook before starting on the next installment. 

Today has been a good day. 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! Sounds like a great start to the New Year. I love that you're writing again. It sounds like you get great pleasure from it (I love to write too) so it's really good to keep doing it. You're a lot braver than me - daring to get published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no bravery - everyone has always been kind and it's just self publishing something small. I hope your writing is going well. If it's like your photos it is astoundingly good! LM x

      Delete
  2. I am very glad to hear you have had a good start to the year long may the happy days continue for you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope your year is amazing. LM x

      Delete
  3. I am glad you had such a good day on Day One. May each new day be a good day.

    ReplyDelete