Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Bear is EXCITED!!!!!

Bear is very clear, he does not believe in Santa at all but he is still closely following the NORAD Santa tracking and giving me a town by town account.  I should add that he got into his onesie at 6.15pm and is aiming for a ridiculously early night.  We'll have to be up at seven, just to make it fair on the lad. 

I'm being diligent and running my washing machine on a hot, extended wash with nothing but some disinfectant in.  When the nice repair man came to check out the strange noise he said that the machine was looking like it was well maintained.  All I can say is that it's purely accidental.  However I do put on an empty wash now and again, and I always clear the fluff filter on the dryer (which currently won't turn on) and I know why I should do a lot of things I don't.  In fact, I know a lot of theory about housekeeping but the practice is wanting.  Sometimes I think I should write a book called, 'Housewifery: Theory and Lack of Practice' or 'Housekeeping: Great Fails I Have Known'. 

Tonight is a wonderful night.  Tonight I wrap the presents and get the stonking great ginormous dratted steering wheel wrapped in industrial quantities of wrapping paper and out of my way.  There will still be a certain amount of constipation by boxes, but they should be out of the way in a few days time. 

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to having a wonderful meal, a quantity of alcohol, a drift of torn wrapping paper and some space in the cupboard.  I am also looking forward to my favourite hobby on Christmas Day - checking eBay to see the 'unwanted gifts' appearing and wondering if they are genuine or not. 

Have a great Christmas!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, the excitement of Christmas with a younger child in the home! I miss those days. Have a very happy Christmas, and may bear's skepticism be proven wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful and I'm cherishing the time! Bear's sceptiscim has indeed been proven wrong and wrapping paper is everywhere. btw it's skepticism in the US and sceptiscim in the UK and I think it's wonderful that there are all these quirky threads of differences in the language and we can still use it to be positive and kind to each other. Have an awesome Christmas! LM x

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to You, Bear and the hubby! May it be a blessed one. Sounds as if you're off to a good start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a really great Christmas with you and yours! LM x

      Delete
  3. Hope you and your family have a wonderful day. I bet Bear will be very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful day here and I hope it is really wonderful with you as well - Happy Christmas! LM x

      Delete