Pages

Monday 6 November 2017

Bear is Sensible

Last night bear and DH went outside to set off fireworks.  Both are very cautious and risk averse and I felt happy to let them go out and enjoy being Men and Doing Men Things and Explosions.  They had a blast, literally. 

DH took the cue from father.  Father was in the Royal Engineers.  They were sent to Egypt in the 1950s to blow up the arms dumps left by Rommel in WWII.  He said it was great fun.  They started off learning how to up tree trunks and worked up.  He had some training in bomb disposal (not like they do nowadays) and a can-do attitude to all sorts of mechanical and electrical stuff.  He treated fireworks with extreme caution. 

I'm glad when Bonfire Night is over, for the sake of the pets.  We are not affected now, but I remember the cats reactions.  Psycho cat was a complete wreck.  Malevolent cat suffered with stoic disapproval.  Evil cat used to enjoy watching fireworks out of the window.  I miss having cat stories. 

6 comments:

  1. I bet they had great fun. The only time of the year when it acceptable to let off big bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyssa, just wanted to share my new video with you and didn't know how else to do it. I thought you might find it helpful as we go through this time of remembrance. The link is https://youtu.be/WYlzn4tWp5I Much love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sybil - hope you Ok and survived bonfire night as you have gone quiet recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You haven't posted for a while so I hope that everything is OK. Also a little plea for more story, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bravest I get with fireworks are Sparklers. haha. I love the beauty of them, but like your cat the noisy booms I can do without. Sadly allergic to animals so I don't have to worry about them scattering around during storm or fireworks. Hope you are well and still gearing up for the holidays. We have Thanksgiving here next week and I'm tried just thinking about all the work it involves. 3-days cooking for a sit down 20-minute meal. I might have to threaten them to hang out at the table for at least 30-mins. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're ok - missing your posts. Christine x

    ReplyDelete