Pages

Wednesday 20 September 2017

The Garden is Still a Mess

I can only do so much in the garden before my back gives way.  If I take a sit for fifteen minutes or so then my back is fine, but that's all the time a cat needs to take advantage of newly dug soil.  I made some dreadful threats, but all the local cats know that I am a complete soft touch.  I managed to get some winter pansies planted.  Normally I would think this is the right time of year, but at the moment it feels so much later.

I forgot to take a photo, but the garden isn't in good shape.  A lot of things need tidying up and sorting out.  I don't plan to prune back too drastically as I don't mind leaving some places for creepy crawlies to stay but I've got sweet peas growing up my washing line.

I've put down organic slug pellets.  I may have sprinkled them rather thicker than the suggestion on the packet, but the slugs round here are feral.  They hunt in packs.  You can't move for the slimy munchers.  I don't know how well it will do but any reduction will be welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Take care of your back! I bent down just to reach for something and ending up pulling it. Ouch. Put me out for a few days.

    My garden is a mess too. I always have such good intentions but they never make it to more than that.

    ReplyDelete