Pages

Tuesday 19 September 2017

Sorting Out

I've been having a rummage and found a pile of yarn.  I knew it was there, but I'm trying to get the heaps into some sort of order and I was reminded of the yarns existence.  Some of it is half knitted sweaters with the pattern long since lost.  I found a tiny jacket I was knitting for bear - around ten years ago!  Some are packets of yarn and some are plastic sacks full of oddments.  There is a real variety.

Some I shall donate.  The local knit and natter group do a lot for the church and charity.  Some I shall pass on to a friend whose little girl is interested in knitting.  However the rest I plan to use in any way I can.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I think I will make it a knitting time, to the end of the month.  It is definitely the weather for it.  Bear is insisting on wearing a vest. We could do with stocking up with sweaters, wraps and blankets.  Actually I have vast quantities of blankets, but that's not the point!  I have a weakness for blankets.  And I am down to my last two comfy sweaters after years of wear and tear have taken their toll on the old ones.  Both are ready for retirement.  One is a very large sweater that I knitted before we moved into this house over twenty years ago.  It's a rather nice green sweater with a cable design.  I suspect that it has sagged over the years, however, as it is now looking more like a tunic and I have to roll the sleeves up to find my hands.  It's looking in better shape than the other sweater which is shop bought and a little older than bear.  I found a hole in one of the seams last week and I don't know whether I should mend it or put it out of its misery.  I'm going to mend it, of course, but it won't hurt to add a few knitted sweaters to the collection.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have amassed a vast pile of jumpers over the summer , i just needed a couple as mine were starting to hang on me like sacks , but at 30p a piece from the jumble its hardly cost the earth and theres a couple i will unwind for the wool .

    ReplyDelete