Pages

Thursday 28 September 2017

Gambling

Important - thank you for all the kind words.  I feel hugged and supported.  I'm sure I'll be able to pull myself out of this.  When all is said and done, it could be worse. 

Today I have been crossing my fingers and hoping fervently that it will be okay, but I've bought something for bear for Christmas.  Bear's absolutely, desperately, must-have things change more than the British weather, but he's been quite consistent about Lego for a few months.  It would, of course, be Lego, one of the most expensive (and best quality!) toys around.  

Tesco have a deal that lasts until 1 October where you get an extra 1000 clubcard points if you spend £60 on Lego.  It is frighteningly easy to spend £60 on Lego.  I spent @ £68 to be split between Christmas and bear's birthday.  I'm keeping everything crossed that he doesn't go off Lego before December 25th.  It's a risk!

I remember seeing something about what children should get for Christmas, I think it said that they should get four presents - something to wear, something to read, something they want and something they need.  I've just blown that out of the water.  Bear will, of course, get something to read.  He will get a shedload of books as ever.  The Book People are on Top Cashback and have very reasonable prices, a good selection and they often have deals so I'm starting to watch them.  He'll almost certainly get something like goalkeeper gloves for something to wear.  He definitely 'wants' Lego in large quantities.  The 'something he needs' is a problem as he doesn't really need anything.  I'm trying to avoid getting him something like a phone or tablet for as long as possible, but they may well be 'needs' next September.  I'll worry about that then.

I'm off now to wander around the inexpensive eBay auctions of children's books and stocking fillers to see what I can stash now.  

3 comments:

  1. Lego can be expensive, but it's timeless! Every kid loves lego - me included, though I liked my brother's mechano too.

    I'm terrible about giving my kids gifts - and they are adults! I suppose at some point we'll have to stop but it's nice to be able to spoil them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "What Children Should Get For Christmas" the perfect answer. I just wish we could stick to it. :) I have a nephew that was crazy for Lego's. My sister gave him Lego's for every Christmas while he was growing up. Now her grandson benefits from all those purchases. Lego's are a good gift and one that can last forever and be passed on. I think Bear will love his Christmas Lego's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Bear won't go off Lego! It's one of those things that children keep coming back to even if they take a few weeks off! My sons (now well into their thirties) still love Lego even if one of them does now have to build his creations from the pink girly variety which my granddaughters prefer! My children got more than four presents but often several were of the need, read or wear type.

    ReplyDelete