Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Another Day, Another Try

I am feeling less than twinkly.  I saw an ant in the kitchen, which means that I need to get that cleaned out.  I have not tackled the ironing.  I've managed to get some washing done, which is a win, but I'm still behind.  Also, I had a knitting fail.  

Do you remember that I sort of accidentally bought a load of voile panels a few years back?  And I also found a pattern for knitting scrubbies with tulle?  And I have been browsing some of the awesome free patterns from Red Heart, including one for a back scrubby?  I thought, I can just cut strips from the voile panel and knit it up like the pattern says.  I swear, those three words - I can just - get me into more trouble than a cat.  So I cut a few strips, knotted them together, started knitting - and it was a fail.  The texture was fine, I'm sure it would have made a lovely scrubby if the fabric wasn't fraying like it had been promised a bonus.  I still haven't got rid of all the tiny threads and I only knitted a couple of rows.  Some of the scrubby yarn from Red Heart is on Amazon, but at the best you are looking at nearly £20 for the yarn to make the back scrubby.  If I get some yarn that looks like a copy (woolcraft scrubby yarn on eBay) then I am still looking at around £12.  I can buy a ready made one for £1.99.

I think today is a 'catching up on knitting already started' day.  

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you just need to hem the strips of voile, first? You can just fold in the strips along their length, run a line of straight stitching in the machine, before tying the lengths together and knitting. It should keep the strips from fraying.

    ReplyDelete