Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

eBay Fail

I bid on and won a remarkably inexpensive bedset that would be perfect for curtains for my bedroom.  They were exactly what I had been looking for - in the photo.  In reality they are yellow.  I do not like yellow.  It grates on me.  I definitely could not manage in a bedroom with mainly yellow curtains.

I'll use the flannel sheets that came with them (though I'll consider dyeing them as I can't cope with yellow sheets) to keep the beds warm in winter.  I am not sure whether to donate, re-sell or use the duvets for practice as the previous stash of scrap fabric that is only fit for practice is a lot less than it used to be.

Also, bear only got a mildly awesome report at parents' evening so we have had Words and he is having to earn his treat for a good report.  He is doing well, really, though, so I am actually very proud.

On the bright side, my writer's block seems to have faded so if you are interested then I should be able to share something soon.  If you feel like writing yourself you can have a look at the latest Light and Shade Challenge and see if it inspires.

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge lover of yellow or orange. I can cope if it's a mustardy kind of yellow or pumpkin orange but other than that....noooooooooo.
    Hope you soon find what you are looking for-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with bated breath for the next instalment of White Hart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the color was different than what you thought. Can you return it to the seller for a refund? If not, I'd just donate it.

    ReplyDelete