Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Training Day

Bear had today off as it was a school training day.  I noticed that the onesie that had been heading north suddenly reached to his ankles again.  This was despite just having a significant growth spurt.  I think the tummy he grows when he prepares for a growth spurt took up more room in the onesie than the extra height.  Of course now he has had the growth spurt he is looking skinny and his appetite has died down.  I'm braced for the teenage appetite.  He can do a very good impression of a locust at age 10.  All I can say is, thank goodness the lad is growing and has a good appetite.  There would be something wrong if he didn't.

We had the men come back to measure the outside of the window.  There was a lot of head shaking about the previous workmanship, which I think is compulsory, but in a few weeks' time bear should have a draught free room.    At least the garden was free of cat calling cards.  There have been no further evidence of their bathroom habits, but I don't know if it's been too cold for them.  I am keeping a close eye on things.


2 comments:

  1. If Ruby....who is seven next month....has many more growth spurts she will be taller than me by the time she is eight. We breed them tall in our family....well except for DD who is only five foot five...bless her.
    I hate cats and I think they know it because I think....judging by the amount of calling cards we get....that every cat for miles around uses our garden for a toilet-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my boys were growing - seemed like some weeks they shot up inches. They are both over six foot now. I swear their feet seemed to grow the most. I always had trouble finding shoes big enough for them!

    ReplyDelete