Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I've started on a good note.  I've not spent anything today.  Though the shops are shut, the internet is still open, but I've managed to resist any temptation.

I've done Day One of the Bible reading plan that I want to follow and I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll make it to Day Two.  I have also had a browse of the New Age, Wiccan and Pagan stuff on eBay which isn't as contradictory as it sounds as it's research.  I should be able to get a new installment of 'At the Sign of the White Horse' up within the next few weeks.  I've blocked out the writing time.

I've not done much about earning money, but it is New Year's Day.  I've called one of DH's aunts and had a nice chat.  I've also updated my personal facebook page, posted Happy New Year on my Lyssa Medana facebook page that I'm supposed to use for being an author (feel free to friend me if you want, but I must warn you that I share a lot of cat memes).  I've also updated the facebook page of the church that father used to attend - it's a long story and I do my best but I do feel somewhat inadequate on that one!

Something I am particularly pleased with - when I saw the YouTube tutorial on how to make an infinity scarf I didn't go to my friend eBay to buy fabric but instead rummaged around my stash and found a great piece that came as part of a random bundle after some random shopping on eBay.  It's a loose weave sort of woollen thing, so I'm sure it will be 'interesting' sewing it, but it will be a learning experience and that's important.

All in all, I'm quite pleased.  All I need to manage now is Day Two...

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to seeing what 2017 will bring you. I'm really going to try to cut down on spending this year. Sounds like you and I have the same problem. I have resisted the call to buy today. I am not going out. I am not going to spend any money lol. Lazy day here, thinking about what I would like to achieve this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it one day at a time is the best way to do it! Good luck with Day Two! :)

    ReplyDelete