Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Day Three of the Resolutions

I've scraped through Day Three of the New Year's Resolutions, just.  I haven't managed everything, but I've managed a lot and it's just getting things in the right rhythm.  The good news is that uncle is out of hospital before I got a chance to visit him.  I think it was very much a precaution.  

I've spent a fair amount of the day on the phone chasing BT, Royal Mail, etc etc etc but I've also managed to get some housework done and a few hundred words for the next installment of At the Sign of the White Hart.

However I have just put together a Tesco shop and there seems to be a lack of the gluten free staples.  I know that if I got my act together and cooked more from scratch then it wouldn't be so important.  Tonight we had home made vegetable soup which was incredibly tasty and DH and bear enjoyed it a great deal.  However they also enjoy the gluten free fish fingers which apparently Tesco no longer carry.  Or their chicken burgers.  Or the kilo sized bags of gluten free flour.  Or an awful lot of other things.  

I feel like my best friend is ghosting me.

I may have to switch supermarkets and I am not sure I can cope with the culture shock.  

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your uncle is out of the hospital. Sorry your favorite shop isn't having all the gluten-free items you want. Hope you are able to find them at a different shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's partner is coeliac and they favour the Sainsbury GF products as having the best selection.

    ReplyDelete