Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Boasting about Bear

I'm really careful about what I say in the playground.  Bear is doing really well with the academic subjects and any hint that he may be even slightly better than certain kids is met with utter outrage and fury.  Bear once dropped a homework book in the playground and one of the dragon mothers swooped in before I could move to check how far bear was behind her precious bundle.  Except bear was actually quite ahead.  The mother complained to the school.  This is the reason I do most of my boasting on here.

Bear has made the cross country team!  I am so proud of him!  I really am!  I feel all giddy with pride and I have told him so.

In reality, bear has made the team because someone else got injured and it is very likely he will not have an awesome win, but he's made the team!  I rang DH at work as soon as bear told me.  We are so proud.

DH and I are both quite academic.  We both were top set/top class all the way through school.  We can easily model being academic.  We are, however, both couch potatoes, and modelling good exercise habits for bear is a lot harder.  This makes me even more proud of bear.  I wish I could tell more people.  As it is, I'm sharing it here.

As I'm swapping phones, I'm going through a lot of the pictures on there.  Here is a picture of bear trying out medieval arms and armour.  I am so proud of him!


4 comments:

  1. well done Bear, you have every right to be proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Bear! I would be proud too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Congratulations to Bear for making the team! Of course you are proud of him! We are too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Sybil..and I love the pic of Sir Bear!

    ReplyDelete