Pages

Friday 2 September 2016

I Wish I Was in Iceland

Sarah - please let me know about the book.  I admire your courage in being in a writer's group.  I had some very bad experiences having to defend my writing, as in, left in tears after sustained verbal attack, so I stick to staying the other side of a keyboard.  I'm really interested in the book, the title sounds just up bear's street!

Bless - it didn't specify flour, but did add bicarbonate of soda (baking soda there?) so I used plain.  One place I may have gone wrong was when the instructions said, 'beat by hand' and I used a beater.  It never really held together, but I didn't fancy beating 4oz fat into 16oz of sugar.  I need to have a rummage through my old recipes.  The ones I used to make were awesome.  

I found this, via the BBC.  

Iceland's powerful Elf Lobby wins fight to unearth Elfin Lady Stone buried by construction workers


I find it fascinating that the elves have such a hold on the Icelandic imagination.  Iceland sounds amazing anyway, straddling two continental plates and surrounded by sea.  My view of elves (or elfen, in my writing) is the view of the old stories including Thomas the Rhymer, knee deep in blood, luring people to their death, changelings etc.

I found this when I was looking for elf pictures and it called to me.  It's Swedish, not Icelandic, but I think it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment