Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Bear is Back at School

He looks so grown up now and so different from the baby that went to school five years ago.  Now he and his pals look so grown up.

It feels like autumn is starting.  Here is a pic of the apple tree with two types of fruit.


I enjoy looking out for it now that I've seen it.  It definitely looks like an eating apple right in the middle of the crab apples.

I also saw this next to the bus stop on the busy main road.


I know it's some type of fungus, but no idea what type.  I does look very autumnal.

I had a potter around Leeds, dropped a donation off at the Food Bank and now I am wondering where to start before bear gets home.  I miss him.

1 comment:

  1. Hope bear has a wonderful first day back at school. That's a very interesting apple tree! I wonder if what looks like eating apples was grafted on to a crab apple root stock and the root stock grew along with the grafted type. Those bracket mushrooms have a very striking color scheme! They look like they could be a polypore, perhaps a species of Ganoderma. But I'm afraid I'm not very good at identifying mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete