Pages

Sunday 19 June 2016

Father's Day

Bear had very clear ideas of what he wanted to get DH for Father's Day.  After a certain amount of research bear got a large sketch pad with high quality pencils.  DH can draw, and does sometimes, and bear wanted him to have something he would like.

Steak tonight for the men.  They have steak on their birthdays, Christmas and Father's Day.

Tomorrow I need to go to hospital and the buses are on strike.  I don't know what is best.  I think I will try walking it.  I'll have to allow an hour and a half minimum as I walk slowly these days, but it won't hurt me.

Bear and a football have just happened to the fuchsia in the garden.  I don't think it will ever be the same again.  Mind you, the garden is in dire need of something happening to it, I'm just not sure that it should be a small boy with a football.

3 comments:

  1. Hope tomorrow goes OK Syb. Maybe get a taxi there (book in advance if the buses are on strike) to reduce the stress of trying to get there at a certain time; and then after the appointment you can decide whether to walk or taxi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of Bear to give such careful thought to the type of gift he wanted to give his father.

    Hopefully the reason for the visit to the hospital isn't too serious and the walk there (and back?) won't be too much for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you yesterday. I'm very aware I have not contacted you since your father died. I was so very sorry you were having to face all the grief and the nightmare of procedures which follow every death. Your own health problems have also been in my mind. Grief messes with your immune system and many people find they are more ill in the first year after losing someone close to them, especially when they are exhausted from the stress arising from the final months or years. You have great grit and determination to carry on as you have been doing and I hope, indeed I am sure things will continue to improve as time flows. Much love.

    ReplyDelete