Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

Teething Troubles

Last night, around 9pm, bear lost a tooth.  I told him that it was too late and that the tooth fairy had already started her rounds.  This morning bear proudly showed DH his tooth - and dropped it!  We can't find it anywhere!

So I had to check with the tooth fairy to see if she works on Bank Holidays and what to do when the tooth itself is missing.

Bear is not buying into the whole tooth fairy thing, but he will nod and smile as long as there is money in it for him.  He did ask me about Santa, and looking back it was in a sort of, 'do I have to keep humouring you' sort of way.  He is definitely not fooled by the Easter Bunny.  Yesterday at school they apparently had a visit from the Easter Bunny.  No-one saw the rabbit, but the Easter baskets they had all made were mysteriously filled with a chocolate bar and a small chocolate egg.  Bear thought it was his teacher, but was willing to go along with the whole thing if it got him chocolate.

We have solemnly left a small envelope which contains a note that reads, 'Dear Janice, further to our emails.  I confirm that [bear's full name and date of birth] has lost a tooth and then lost the tooth.  I hope that this note is satisfactory.  [my full name and date of birth], mother'  Then I got bear to write his name at the bottom as well.  DH did the gypsy switch before he left bear to sleep.

I hope bear does the same sort of things with any children he is lucky enough to have.

1 comment:

  1. I did the whole Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus with my daughter, too! Childhood is such a magical time; it is important to keep the mysteries going for as long as we can. Although, it does seem that these days, 9 or 10 is when they start to question the whole thing! We made Santa last a bit longer than the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny, though.

    ReplyDelete