Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Bear Starts the Day Happy

I am not a morning person.  I am really not a morning person.  On the other hand, bear is definitely a morning person.  He leaps out of bed at the first cough of the sparrow, chirpy and ready to go while I stumble around making his cereal.  We have agreed to disagree.

This morning bear was playing the maths games again.  There was the game where you have some cards face down and you can turn over two at a time and you remove the matches you make.  I get that, and I'm often good at it.  The twist on this was that you had to match the shape to the equation.  So the card showing a circle matched with a = πr² .  I remembered that one.  I didn't appreciate being faced with the volume of a cone before I had had a caffeine fix.  I looked blankly at the screen, looked at an expectant bear and just said, 'Fluffy kittens.'  It was all I could manage.

Bear laughed so much he fell off his chair and was still giggling about it as we went to school.  I don't envy his teacher dealing with him this morning.  

I'm going to have to pull myself together and look the Khan Academy and Open Learn.  I need to learn enough so that I can at least have the sense to say, 'not before breakfast!'

On a sidenote, I texted my brother, who is a whizz at maths, to complain.  He replied that the volume of a cone was not loud enough.  I gave up.  

2 comments:

  1. or at least know what is available so you can send Bear there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no; definitely not before breakfast!

    ReplyDelete