Pages

Thursday 18 February 2016

Sitting on My Hands

I am definitely not looking at the bag of old clothes - Witch Hazel convinced me.  The produce bag may have looked awesome, but I couldn't think when I would use it as I get everything delivered!

I just watched a recorded episode of Craft Daily, which left me even more determined to sit on my hands.  They had a demonstration of English Patchwork which Bless has recommended, and then they showed the first stages of how to make a gathered skirt.  I don't think I would wear it, and besides, I couldn't work out what on earth they had done with the interfacing at the front, but one thing stood out.  They used washi tape to mark the seam allowance on their sewing machine.  That looked like genius to me.  It looked so visible.  As the person being taught looked even less confident than I am on a sewing machine, and it seemed to really work for them, I am going to have to consider it.  All I need to do is get the confidence that I can measure the distance for the seam allowance accurately.

I am going to make a list and pin it somewhere - things I want to do!  Because only once the outstanding projects are finished can I start them.  I am going to settle down with a comfortable seat, catch up tv and a large quantity of knitting - especially the stuff that doesn't need at tape measure until I can pick one up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good idea - the "to do later" list of projects. The washi tape to mark the seam allowance sounds good, too. I tried something similar with masking tape but the masking tape was old and not too sticky, so it didn't stay in place! That didn't work out too well, but washi tape might be better.

    ReplyDelete