Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2016

The Weather Forecast Said Sunny!

It isn't sunny.  It is grey and damp and flat.  

I haven't got as much done as I should have done, but I am cautiously optimistic.  I am on the third night of short sleep and if next door keep having an alarm go off at midnight I will not be responsible for my actions.  A little extra sleep and I will move mountains, and I am sure my leg will be better.  

My favourite bra has met its end. The wire on one side has broken through and the wire is creeping up.  I have a sort of protrusion in the middle of my chest and it looks like the start of a scene from Alien.  If it gets much bigger it will pick up radio.  In my experience, once this goes then all the patches with tape and ribbon and extra stitching are in vain.  It's just gone.  

I am definitely going to try and get some time to try at least a practice at the quilting.  It is calling to me.  Bless - the introductory price for the quilt magazine is 99p.  I can't bear to think how much I have signed up to every week (£3.99) but if it makes a chance for me to do it then I will take it.

Hester - I forgot to mention your comment a few days ago.  It is one I completely support.  For those who didn't see it, it's here, Hubby has a colleague who boasted in 2014 about the thousands of £££'s he had saved on Black Friday. Unfortunately he'd maxed out two credit cards 'saving' money so it cost him a fortune in interest.
Hubby told him we'd saved more than he had as we didn't buy anything!

1 comment:

  1. It's raining here, too! For the 2nd day in a row!

    Oh, I didn't realize that the subsequent magazine copies would cost more. But, if it is something you'll enjoy doing, then, it will be worth it, I think. Consider it as a New Year's gift to yourself.

    ReplyDelete