Pages

Friday 22 January 2016

Bear Nearly Has a Fail

We have an awesome fish and chip shop only a few hundred yards away that has been shortlisted for some national awards.  I can't go there, but bear is very fond of their children's meals.  They have fish or sausage with a small portion of chips, a drink and a puzzle.  It clearly says on the board that children's meals are served for children aged 8 or younger.  Last time he went he told the owner that he was just nine.

Tonight it was fish and chips and bear was suddenly devastated - what if he couldn't get his meal?!  If only he hadn't shown off about being a mature nine year old!  What if he just had to share DH's chips and not get the drink and the puzzle?  What if his careless words had led to a dreadful fail?

Fortunately the owner is lovely and was happy to hand a kids meal over.  That was this evening's slice of drama.

I'm currently failing at quilting, so I think I shall slope off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm glad Bear was able to get his meal. :) As for the quilting, try handsewing instead of machining. Handsewing is much more forgiving, I think. And try the English paper piecing method. Much more time consuming, but you can get very accurate points, etc. Actually, that was how I learned to do patchwork - English paper piecing following directions in a magazine. If I could do it, you can too!

    ReplyDelete