Pages

Monday 7 December 2015

Ought!

I ought to be doing around elventy four things.  I could post a long list, but it would just depress everyone.  Mind you, I haven't even the get up and go to write a to-do list.  All I can see around me or hear in my head is that I ought to be doing this, I ought to be doing that, I ought to have sorted this, I ought to have replaced that, ought, ought, ought, ought.

So I am posting a very apt poem and hopefully I will be back tomorrow in a better frame of mind.

I Meant to Do My Work Today
by
Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today - 
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand - 
So what could I do but laugh and go?






1 comment: