Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

Being Quiet

I plan to be quiet today.  My leg is sore.  I could find eleventy five things to do, but propping my leg up is going to be high on the list.

We all woke up late today.  It wasn't surprising, bear had played relentlessly all day yesterday and really only sat still at the cinema.  I think it was a record for bear, as it was nearly ten before he staggered out of bed.

I am suffering my usual panic of wondering whether bear will have enough.  He will have plenty.  Last night DH and I pulled out all his presents and divided them between stocking, Christmas and birthday.  I was reminded of some serious bargains I had scored from my friend eBay.  There was one fail, where I had bought a book twice.  The first time was quite early on in October, the second last week.  Neither time was particularly expensive.  Fortunately it is ideal to give to someone we had forgotten.

We watched the Muppet Christmas Carol on Tuesday.  We may watch it again today.  From what I remember of reading the book many years ago it is the version that is truest to the book and lifts a lot of dialogue straight from the pages of Charles Dickens.  It is my favourite Christmas film, along with the Richard Attenborough film of Miracle on 34th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment