Pages

Saturday 19 December 2015

Another Fail

I just found out, after a careful question from DH, that I had booked bear's birthday treat at the same time as the Christmas delivery was due.  I've had to arrange the delivery for Monday.  I hope it will be okay.

This was after the appalling shock of realising that I had not booked enough seats at the pictures.  I still need to book the taxi.  I have no idea what I am doing at all.

I made an acceptable banana loaf today in the new combination oven, it worked very well.  I also tried the recipe for Milo cookies I found here.  Milo is a little like Ovaltine, a malted, chocolatey drink made with milk.  Bear loves it - but milky drinks don't always agree with him.  This seemed a great idea to use the tin up.  It didn't quite go as planned, as I left out the coconut and the result was no way firm enough to roll into balls as the video shows, so I put them in bun cases.  I've done this in the past with similar recipes.  The result is an incredibly sad looking, soft, melting cookie type cake.  Bear approved.  This is one of the few sad and lonely survivors


It looks flat and unlovely and is severely sunk, but apparently tastes just great.  I can't have any as Milo has gluten in, but bear is happy to demolish my share.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I've got to try those cookies! As a child, I didn't like Milo as a drink, but used to eat the powder with a spoon, straight from the tin!

    ReplyDelete