Pages

Saturday 17 October 2015

Completely Impossible

I got an email yesterday from the 'Write a Novel in November' group.  The idea is that you write at least 50,000 words on a new project in November.  I tried that several years ago.  At the beginning of November I did something extremely interesting to my shoulder and couldn't move and then went on holiday.  It was a fail.

I know one idea seed I could use to start a novel, and no holidays are planned.  It would be a wonderful incentive.  However the idea requires me to know what happens in a couple of other planned books, which means at least 100,000 words needed on other stuff before I can even start.  I have decorating to sort out, the house is a mess, I haven't finished sorting out all of father's stuff, bear is needing a lot of fuss currently, I have a backlog of knitting projects I want to finish, DH needs fuss at this time of year, and besides I have another project I want to try.  Maybe next year.

I do recommend it to anyone who wants to do some writing, as there is a lot of mutual support and it can be a great incentive to keep going.  The link is here - nanowrimo.org/  Go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment