Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2015

So Far Okay

It's only 10am as I type, so there is plenty of time for things to go normal.  But I've just spent some time hacking back the garden.  I am in now before the bees get moving and realise that the lavender has been pruned back.  I wanted to reclaim some of the garden.  I think in some places I reclaimed eighteen inches!  I've had to reclaim footballs from the lavender for the lads.  I don't blame them for asking me.  The lavender is enormous, and full of some very assertive bees.  I use a long brush because I'm not really up for getting close and personal to that many buzzers.

To be honest, I've not done a good job, and the edge is woefully uneven, but I can get to places now.  Here is 'before' (well, middle of August, it had spread since then)



And here is the 'after'

I left the top still in place for something for the bees.  There is also a full flowering fuschia and some roses still going as well as stuff outside the garden.

Tomorrow I sort out the tomato plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment