Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Another Day, Another Shop

The Quilting pen I have been using is a bit limp.  I've been working on the placemats and by the time I have drawn the fourth line of a border the first line is fading.  I've been sewing by guess (and by hand, bear is still not back at school).  Tesco sell a water soluble pen.  It's on the order tomorrow, along with another football and some baking potatoes.  It is not salad weather.

The placemats are coming on okay.  As I am looking at a homespun look and not trying for perfection I am happy.  I'll post pictures when I finish.  Being confident that I am sewing along a line will help.

I bought a 'bedspread' from ebay and I was done.  I was sold a pup.  It is supposed to be 'art silk' but is far more damaged than described.  In fact it is quite fragile.  I shall cut it up for something, but I'm not sure what.  Nothing that needs robust wear.  Okay, it was inexpensive, and it was an impulse bought-because-I-am-sad purchase but it is even less use than most of the other stuff I get.  Darn.  I thought it would be a little more like this...


... but I got more of this...


... and I don't know if you can see the stains, but I got this as well...


Still, it washed okay, and I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

I have a lot I want to do during the first half term in the year.  I wonder how much I'll get done.  Not as much as I want, no doubt, and definitely less than I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment