Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Feeling the Fail

I was feeling a bit inadequate, as we are not eating as healthily as we could and I am sure bear would prefer healthier meals.  He prefers jacket spuds to chips and loves broccoli and celery sticks and I just feel that I need to raise my game.  I clicked randomly on a Sainsbury link that I hoped would give me some ideas for inexpensive and easy meals as I am not as with it as I should and I am fretting about father and to be honest I have no idea how to shake up my cooking.

The link took me to a recipe for sumac sardines with smashed chickpea salsa.  It needed a YouTube video to work it and used 10 fresh sardines - where the jeff am I going to get fresh sardines?  More importantly, there is no way on this planet that I am trusting myself with a sharp knife and a slippery fish.  If they need gutting and boning I am stuffed.  It was also not as inexpensive as I had hoped.

I now feel the complete fail.

There is always a bright side. After this I thought it would be worth having a look at Tesco's website and they have recipes as well.  I probably won't serve the beef salad recipe in jars, as suggested, but I may well serve it up on a plate - it looks very possible, may be reasonably healthy and not as outrageously expensive as I feared.  Obviously there would be some tweaks and substitutions, but it's definitely doable.

1 comment:

  1. I have had it with these recipe sites at the moment - I have been trudging round them looking for simple vegetarian recipes as I have a newly-vegetarian daughter and a foreign student who is vegetarian coming to stay. The conversation with her went along the lines of "What do you like to eat?" "Oh, I love salad with balsamic dressing" and I thought, "Yes, love, but you can't live on that for nine months!" I am finding that blogs are becoming the best place to find recipes as they tend to have clear instructions and are not too ridiculous in terms of ingredients, especially those written by mums who have umpteen children to cope with too!

    ReplyDelete