Pages

Monday 13 July 2015

Bear is Happy

Actually, bear is utterly exhausted and the sooner the holiday comes the better.

Today I decided to pull the carrots I planted a few months ago.  They were sold as purple carrots and I was wondering if they were ready.  I had no idea.  Bear was very encouraging.  Amongst the purple carrots were some purple spring onions to discourage carrot fly.  They were looking a bit thin, but again, I wasn't sure what I should have been looking for.

What we got was this.



The carrots weren't desperately purple.  The spring onions were quite purple but were not very big.

I had been thinking on the bus today, and decided it wasn't really worth us growing any veggies.  By the time we had sorted out plants/seeds/compost etc and I had slogged around with all the watering I might as well buy the veggies from the shop.  Bear has decided, after pulling the carrots, that we really, really need to be growing more veggies.

I'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment