Pages

Friday 15 May 2015

Catching up

I had a look at where the views for the blog are coming from.  I don't do this often, as I don't really believe them, but I do look now and again.  Yesterday a huge proportion came from a betting site.

I am not, in theory, in principle, in general, against a bet.  My attitude to my friend eBay shows that, as I really take some gambles on there.  And in general if I knew how to place a bet, and had the time, and could be bothered, and could work out how to put a bet on in the local betting shop I may possibly consider theoretically putting the minimum bet each way on the second favourite.  It's not likely, but it's not completely impossible.

I just feel more and more uncomfortable with the spread of internet betting.  I keep hearing echoes of people suffering from gambling addiction and losing more than they can afford.  My late grandmother was a bit of a character and regularly put a shilling or two on whoever Lester Piggot was riding.  However she never bet the housekeeping.  With internet betting I think it is easily possible to not only bet the housekeeping but the house as well.

Regardless, we are catching up here with bin collections.  That means once a fortnight black bin, alternate weeks green bin.  I am going to have to seriously rethink what happens now, as every week our black bin is overflowing, and the council are quite clear.  There is to be no piling of black bin bags.  The bins have to close. I know that lots of places have this, and I know that we are only catching up and lots of people manage.  I have been aware this day was coming.  I'm still not happy.

I think I need to do some more thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment