Pages

Friday 17 April 2015

Another Few Bits to Sort Out

Father's room is full of 'stuff' and, while I am sleeping there (considerably quieter than the former junk room), it is still father's room.  I haven't cleared up the bits on his bedside table or anything.

Today I extracted bear's scooter from the space underneath the steps which I suspect was the original outside toilet.  Bear was unable to be consoled as his friend hadn't turned up for the playdate (third time this holiday, but showed up unexpected yesterday).  The under step space now looks like this.


Yes, there is a 400g ball of acrylic yarn there - long story.  I don't think this has been properly opened for nearly twelve months, and it was father that dealt with it all.

It feels disloyal getting rid of stuff that was stashed by father, but I'm going to have to do it.  It makes sense for me to start clearing some of the rubbish out of father's room, but I can't bring myself to do that.

I'm going to get rid of the rusted tins of paint (poor DH will have to make a special trip to the tip) and try and use up the swathes of plant food and weedkiller.  I've filled two bin bags with the most obvious other rubbish.  The rest, well, I'll worry about that later.  The folding chairs and table were something father wanted for the garden.  I can't bear to get rid of them while he's still with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment