Pages

Friday 19 December 2014

Another for the 'Get Sorted' List

I need to get a grip on my shopping.  I'm not as bad as many - and I'm a lot better than some - but I need to process.  Mind you, I've been up with a poorly bear every night this week so I can excuse some lapses.

I was buying presents on behalf of father for ladies.  There were three ladies in question.  In M&S you could buy an item of jewellery and get the second item half price.  This would only work if there were four ladies, not three.  Otherwise I would be missing out on a bargain.

Can I just quietly mention THIS IS WHY SHOPS DO THESE SALES, IT IS TO GET YOU TO BUY MORE THAN YOU WANT.

Sigh.  I got four.  However as I trundled home on the over stuffed bus I realised that there was a fourth lady, and it was just as well.  It would have served me right if I hadn't thought of them, it is embarrassing that I fell for a trick like that.  If I had bought three necklaces at £15 each, with the buy one and get the second half price, I would have spent £37.50.  I actually bought four and spent £45.  I spent £7.50 more than I needed to (okay, in this instance it was a lucky fluke as I realised that there was actually a fourth lady, but only later).

I got the picture from the M&S website - I think it is the same one but I got it in four different colours and they all look beautiful.  I was tempted for myself, but at least I resisted that temptation.



I need to get a better grip on my shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment