Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Permanent Pity Party

I was on IV antibiotics at the weekend.  Today I have a cold.  The cold is worse - I hate colds.  I feel bunged up, fed up and completely unjustified in feeling sorry for myself.  I am moping around, trailing soggy tissues and grumbling.

Bear had rice krispies for breakfast.  His lovely aunt had given him a box of toffee crisp breakfast cereal.  Yes, chocolate cereal with toffee bits in or how kids can have sweets for breakfast.  I was a bit surprised when I saw it, but I have always thought I was being over indulgent with allowing cocoa pops.  Mornings are a bit desperate for me as I don't actually wake up until 10am at the earliest.  I may be moving around and talking but I am not awake.  Bear takes advantage of this as he is a morning person and is full of beans.  He is also not always keen to eat breakfast so I will clutch at anything with a hint of nutrition to get something inside him to get him to school.  However even bear draws the line at the toffee crisp cereal.  It is, however, perfectly acceptable for an after tea snack.

I am trying to insist on fruit before processed sugar.  The huge bag of sweeties also sent down from his auntie aren't helping.  All normal for seven-nearly-eight.


1 comment:

  1. I think Crunchy Nut Cornflakes are a step too far - much too sweet! A lot of breakfast cereals are far too sugary, and yet we have people appearing on the news to tell us that the Govt's latest target is to get us to eat less sugar...how do they square that with shoving sugar at people at every opportunity, AND it is in the most unlikely things, too!
    Hope you are on the mend soon! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete