Pages

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Morning after the Night Before

Actually I don't have a hangover, which isn't surprising as I didn't drink that much.  It may have been only 20% proof but Vladivars Apple and Pear tasted like hairspray and needed a lot of lemonade to help it down.  Thank goodness I got it cheap.  I have quite enjoyed the few drinks I have had recently but deep down I begrudge the money.  I can see me ending up teetotal because I resent drinking something so expensive.  Even Diet Coke is cheaper!

Today wanders onward.  Bear is a lot more cheerful after two solid days of doing very little.  Poor mite has been completely exhausted.  To be honest I think the events of the summer have caught up with him and I am wearing bandages on all arms and legs to protect my clothes from the paraffin (working well, actually) which I think worries him despite my explanations.  Today he is chilling but tomorrow we are going to have to face the dreaded ordeal of shopping.

Bear loathes shopping, he hates it with a passion.  I can't say I blame him, but sometimes you have to actually get out of the house.  If bear wants the Aldi chocolate he has been guzzling then he has to leave the house with me to get it.

There is also the matter of a loo seat.  After twenty years our toilet seat has given up.  It is still functional, but I hate flushing the loo with the seat up and the hinges have failed after years of random squirts of Dettox, Mr Muscle and white vinegar.  We need a new one and Aldi is conveniently next to B&Q.  I plan on calling in to father first, then shopping afterwards, then home.  Bear will collapse like a teenager as soon as we get in, no doubt pitifully begging for chocolate.  I'm going to hide some to keep it safe for DH.

Bear is currently hammering zombies.  I can live with that.  He was watching YouTube videos about the periodic table this morning and I was like a rabbit in the headlights.  I comfort myself that it could be a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment