Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Father wants to come Home

Father is in a nursing home.  He can't walk, he can't drink unthickened liquids and he can't eat anything except purees.  He is on 21 tablets a day.  I am not able to nurse him at home, not realistically.  He is in a special bed with special cushions when he is in a seat and he can't always hold himself upright in a chair.

He wants to come home.  I am confident that he wants to come home so he can have unthickened liquids, as he knows he could get me to let him have some.  I think he also thinks he could get out of bed and get some, but he can't sit himself up at the moment.  He has also had a serious alcohol dependency for years, and I think he is going dry and not happy about it.

But I had to leave my father today, in a safe, warm, place with qualified nursing staff around, and I knew he wanted to go home.  I just want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs, he is in the best place for him, console yourself with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs - leaving someone you love somewhere like that is hard, even when you know that it is the best place for them, because it just isn't the place they want to be. I know. Love and hugs to you and your dad. Have a cry now and again - it helps xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete