Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

Observations from a bus

What with one thing and another I've spent a lot of time on buses lately.  I find my mind wandering as I observe my fellow travellers and look out of the window as we trundle along.  I would never dream of saying a lot of these, but I can't help thinking them.  Recent highlights include...


Woah - that aftershave is harsh!  Do you wear it to keep personal space?

Still have tinfoil on the windows, I see.  I suppose that is one household safe from the lizard men.

That heavily patterned, short sleeved, floaty chiffon top?  It clashes with your full sleeve, brightly coloured tattoos.  Though they both do look really nice. 

Is that man I've just passed drunk, stoned or dead?

The fabric of that bhurka is gorgeous

I wonder if that household knows that there is a tree growing out of their chimney.  

Those people arguing on the back seat - I don't know what language you're speaking, and I don't know what those words mean, but I am pretty sure I know what you meant, and I am not sure you should be using language like that in front of your children.

That bag/coat/top is lovely.  I wonder if I have the nerve to ask where they got it (I never have).

Are you wearing that shirt for a bet?

Woah!  That cyclist was very brave taking on the bus like that.

I don't think that car is going to fit into that parking space.  I was right.  I bet it's expensive to get that fixed.

Did your mother see that skirt before you left the house?  

I wonder when they are going to finish painting that fence?  It has been half done since July.


I don't get bored on bus journeys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment