Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Working on Things

Father continues much the same.  Also uncle rang my brother asking where he (uncle) was and why was he there.  Uncle does not remember being in hospital.  Brother is checking today and it is a question of whether it is another infection or dementia.  I am still very crusty and still on antibiotics but hopefully taking up duties again tomorrow.

We have had a leak in the porch with the recent downpours.

Bear is obsessing with Skylanders.  He plays Skylanders when he stays with the neighbours and is getting very into them.  He can name all of them, has views on how to play them and is generally an armchair expert.  We don't have Skylanders at home.  It can't be played on the PC and I refuse to get him an X-box or similar.

Bear is not happy about this.  I have limited knowledge of the X-box but apart from the cost (which to me is far too high) you can access chat and tv and all sorts.  It is also the sort of thing that could get taken into the bedroom and I will be hanging on to the 'no electronics in the bedroom' for as long as I can.  Bear isn't even 8 yet.  I can foresee battles at Christmas.  Fortunately I am likely to be doing the Christmas shopping for father and uncle or by New Year's Eve we would be working out how to fit an X-box in the study.  Neither of them are good at saying 'no' to bear who is, in my opinion, getting very spoiled.

I'm finding it a bit hard to find the bright side at the moment but I did see The Big Bang Theory for the first time last night.  DH and I watched the whole first series and laughed our socks off.  Another star for me is DH.  He is being a complete hero.  I have also got the Light and Shade Challenge cued up until the end of September.  Thomas is being amazing. I suspect there are a lot of good things about and I just need to look harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment