Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

A Busy Day

DH has got a week's leave, so today bear was shunted into after school club and DH and I went shopping.  There is a serious party that DH will be attending with some very expensive surroundings and then a very fancy party in September.  He needed a new suit and really it needed to be right.  We went to the York Outlet.

Actually, it was fairly painless.  We went to one shop and DH and I left with a very nice suit, two very nice shirts, a waistcoat, a tie and a pair of shoes for DH.  I did see some jewellery I quite liked, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted and I thought it was a lot of money, so I thought I would wait and see.  I did think as I went around that while it was nice to save 70% and 80% it was even nicer to save 100% and just not buy stuff in the first place.

Then we went into York itself and had a trip on the river, a browse in the shops (purchase free) and a nice ride home.  Bear enjoyed the after school club.

Father is so poorly that he is actually going to the doctor tomorrow.  He has had a vicious cough for a while, and it needs to be sorted.  I'm keeping all crossed.

Review of last week - actually it could have been worse.  I was poorly with the food intolerances so the dining room has not been touched, but I must have done nearly 5000 words with one thing and another and I managed another 100g of yarn knitted up during a fun evening watching tv with DH and father.  This week is going to be slightly different with DH home, so I'm going to aim for continuing to attack the dining room and taking the advice from Witch Hazel I am going to aim for 30 minutes each day.  I am going to try for another 100g of yarn knitted up and 1000 words per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment