Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Trundling On

Today hasn't been a brilliant day if you measure against my targets.  On the other hand, it could be worse.  I've been working with Tom Marlowe to research running a Writer's Prompt site.  We both enjoyed Trifecta and Write on Edge, but Trifecta is sadly closing down and I think Write on Edge are frantically busy with a book.  Tom was in 'Precipice 13' and was awesome.  I'll let you know how it goes.  That has taken up most of the writing space I have.  I managed a bit of ironing, but also did a little running around after father, who actually admitted feeling frail.  

40 grade C denim shirts arrived today.  I hadn't realised how many variations on the theme of 'denim shirt' there were.  I've spotted leather trim, lace trim and sewn on patches and the shirts are mainly denim blue in all it's shades but also white, green and pink.  They were all a bit damp so I will bung them through the washer and see how it goes.  I want to make a quilt like the one Ruth made in Wartime Farm, where little bags of material are filled with feathers and stitched together to make a very warm quilt.  I had one a bit like that when I was tiny.  I won't be using feathers as I have no source of chickens.  Instead I will be using the insides of a very cheap duvet from Matalan or some extremely cheap pillows.  Any trimmings are going to be saved as I have always longed after a denim quilt and a denim rag rug.  It's going to be a braided rug, as I do not want to get into latch hook territory, and I think that there will be quite enough fabric.  I didn't realise just how much space forty shirts would take up - it's going to take at least five loads in my washer.  They don't seem to be small shirts.  Mind you, if any are fit and the right size I shall save some for DH for when he is decorating or in the garden.

I don't know how I will go on tomorrow but I am planning to set myself a day challenge.  When emptying the walk in cupboard of garden stuff for father I found a pack of cleaning wipes.  I am ambivalent about wipes because while they are easy, convenient and usually clean well they are not very eco friendly.  I have also found that I struggle to be organised enough to use a pack before the last one dries up.  Tomorrow I am going to see if I can find jobs for a full pack of 80 wipes.  That should be all easily reached woodwork, doors, pictures, handles, cupboard fronts and anything else I can think of.  Meanwhile I'll keep washing the shirts.  I may be some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment