Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Done it again

It isn't the iron I've broken this time, it's the ironing board.  Somewhere something is chuckling every time I consider laundry.  I leant over it in the same way I had done a hundred times and it just sort of sagged, like a well dunked biscuit.  I can't get it higher than around knee height now and I have a lot to do.  Last week I washed twenty shirts, quite apart from my backlog.  I was halfway through ironing one when I got the call that bear had been sick at school and never got back to it.  I have just got drenched going to Matalan to find they had none in stock.

I have enough to just about tide me over, with a little help from a towel on a table, until ebay (my friend) hopefully delivers by Wednesday.

I'm not sure I am safe to put a load of washing on, as the washer has been looking a bit limp for the last few months.  I think I will risk it as I only have cleaning cloths to wash through.  Please let me not have to replace that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment