Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

Looking for the Bright Side

I'm feeling a bit low.  This is normal this time of year, and I don't expect it to magically go away, but I could do without it.  While I am not particularly miserable I am tripping up, dropping things and knocking things over at around ten times the normal rate or worse.  This is a bad sign and I'll need to keep an eye on it.  I'm also looking up care homes and trying to work out what would be needed.  I plan to try and call the social worker tomorrow to get an idea of what he is looking at, and I'll start making lists.  I will be taking very clear notes.  The healthcare professionals may have done this many times before, but uncle hasn't and he is the most important person involved.  I shall insist on explanations.

But there are still bright sides.  I have got quite a bit of writing done over the last few days, and the textile mountain in the dining room has been reduced to substantial hills.  By the end of this week I hope that they will be reduced to small hillocks and I will hit the six thousand word total for this year.  I also had a minor triumph of getting a decent bargain in Morrisons.  I never seem to get decent yellow sticker bargains, mainly because I never actually go to the shops, but today I dived in for bread and milk and picked up two one litre bottles of Cravendale milk for 25p each.  I also picked up eight hot cross buns for 50p which did very nicely for Sunday tea.

Bear is also seeing the bright side.  He has not only had his first pocket money but father topped it up.  And while he did have to go and purchase a gift, which came home in a poundland bag, he lost another tooth today and that is worth 50p.  He has also remembered that he kept getting the 1p pieces from father and has developed a burning desire to cash in the pennies.

Another bright side is that now I have decided to abandon the cross stitch horse in this form, I have a brilliant excuse to start another project and that always cheers me up!  Things could be a lot worse.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your father I know how hard it can be to get them settled somewhere. As fir the horse- don't give up. All the stitchers I know work around the errors as then it truly makes it your own design. Having said that I have given up on some projects. You could also use a toothbrush to clean ip the area where you remove stitches. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I have used sticky tape to pick up fluff from the thread in the past and all sorts, but it is a HUGE bit that has gone wrong, so I am thinking that it isn't fun anymore. btw, normally if it is just a little mistake I don't worry. Apparently the amazing carpet weavers in the Middle East used to put a deliberate mistake in each rug, because only God is perfect. I find that very reassuring. I am glad you like the blog, you are very welcome. WS xxx

      Delete