Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Crash!

A shelf in a kitchen cupboard has collapsed.  This isn't the first time, and I doubt it will be the last.  However while I was pulling out all the stuff in the laundry cupboard I realised that the upper shelf there was looking very saggy.  The shelf that collapsed has done that on a regular basis and I used to keep cat food in it as it didn't matter quite so much if it tilted and everything fell off.  I haven't yet had the courage to go and investigate what has happened to the ketchup and brown sauce stash that was in the cupboard, but I'm fairly confident that they will be fine.

The trouble is, my kitchen actually does need replacing.  The doors are sagging, the shelves are looking doubtful and the backs of some of the cupboards have crumbled with the damp.  It needs to be hacked back to the brick and started again.  Actually it could have done with this any time in the last ten years.

I can't afford to do it.

I am going to have to have a think about this.  I have no DIY skills, and not much get up and go.  I have limited energy reserves and a lot going on.  Uncle is sounding better every day, but father is still exhausted from everything he did on Saturday.  The kitchen is stuffed with 'stuff'.  I threw out three bin sacks full today before I found the collapsed shelf but really there is a lot that could just do with using up.  I was planning on a complete reorganisation anyway.

How do you eat an elephant - one bite at a time.  I can manage this.

2 comments:

  1. You remembered! Baby steps are what you need. You can do it, I have every bit of faith in you. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the cheers! I know I can do this, it will take time, but I am hatching a cunning plan... Thank you for the faith in me, it will be fun working it all out. WS xxx

      Delete