Pages

Sunday 26 January 2014

Bang goes another Iron

I've dropped the iron again.  I don't have a good record with irons.  I can't seem to keep them more than a few months.  I drop them with depressing regularity, and the current one is more or less okay but leaking.

On the bright side, bear got an Argos gift card for his birthday, and as he much prefers to go to the Entertainer toyshop so I can use the money on the Argos card for the iron, give bear the cash equivalent and we have an excuse to leave the house on Wednesday which is a training day and the weather forecast isn't brilliant.  I will get another cheap iron, because there is no point in getting an expensive one.  Irons and gravity don't mix well for me.

And I can keep going with this one until Wednesday.  The fabric Himalayas are much more like Snowdonia - still mountainous but not quite so daunting.  They still end up flatter, but with a trail of damp spots streaked across them.

Bear is currently very keen on anything to do with nerf guns, so there is at least a chance of getting him out of the house, which normally takes dynamite.  It won't be inexpensive for me, because there will be bus fare, an iron and no doubt buns in a cafe (where he will be good as gold) but at least he will get out.


No comments:

Post a Comment