Pages

Sunday 5 January 2014

Approved Food - I succumbed!

I succumbed to Approved Food.  The shopping list now looks like :-

10 bottles of Maggi sauce (nearly ordered double this!)
4 Dove deodorants (I don't usually treat myself to these)
4 x 1200g Tilda long grain rice
2 packets of Colour Run sheets
5 packets for Cod in Cream Sauce (for bear)

Plus the £5.25 for postage came to a total of £26.27, which is probably the smallest order I have ever placed.

I avoided a lot of things that I could do with, but didn't absolutely need, avoided sweeties and generally was quite restrained for what was essentially a treat order.  While I did splash out, at least I didn't splash out too much.  I need to try and remember this, after all, I have just spent £75 on furniture that I could have managed without (but really, really, really wanted to make my life easier) and the bills for the car and bear's party are looming.

I saved around 52% if I remember (father doesn't think I should be doing anything on the computer and keeps interrupting) and I can make a good argument for saving 100% but this is one time when I am really looking forward to the treat.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the recent addition of the photos to the blog - mine has fits and starts, sometimes every post has a photo and then I go days without adding any in at all! I dare not look at the AF site at the moment as all the cupboards are stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! For me photos are hit, miss or maybe - I just like pretty pictures but are rarely organised. I have deliberately unsubscribed from the AF email as looking at it wasn't helpful. I shall look once per month at the beginning of the month and then see how low I can go. It is a useful resource. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete