Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Where I am up to

I've been revising the draft of Digging up the Past.  I've managed to get through the first revision and removed several hundred commas.  I am seriously considering removing the comma key when I get back to 'A King's Silver'.  One big problem is that the speech marks have changed shape half way through.  This points to a formatting problem which will mess up trying to self publish later.  I have not found any solution yet.  I have tried all sorts, including foul language.  I may have to resort to Microsoft 'Help'.  The next revision should be a lot quicker and easier.  I didn't pick up any spelling mistakes but I managed to find a few floating speech marks that hadn't been paired off properly.

Darling father slept in until 10.30am this morning.  He had had a late night, so nothing untoward, but by 10.30 I was so worried I knocked on his door to see if he was okay.  Otherwise he would have slept until noon.

According to the hospital, darling uncle has been having conversations with people that aren't there.  They are not sure why.

DH is on antibiotics.

On Thursday (which should have been the day when I sorted out the last bit before publishing) I will be going to the hospital with father for tests.  Neither of us is exactly sure what they are testing for.  I suspect our GP is keeping father under tests to make sure he can keep an eye on him.  Father usually only sees a GP when absolutely necessary.  I had to do all sorts to get him to see a medico after a stroke.

I am very worried about father and uncle, especially uncle who is so far away.  So I am focusing on things that are not so important and that I can make a fuss about with out being too serious.  Wittering about commas and speech marks is a lot easier than worrying.

And bear, who is coming down with a gruesome cold, came home today and demanded Mozart.  Apparently it makes him more clever and his teacher said so.  I am typing this surrounded by Mozart's Piano Concerto No 12.  I quite like the noise Mozart makes but I am getting a bit desperate for some Beethoven.  When I was younger I was forcing my poor mother to listen to the Clash.  What has happened to the world? At least I get a break from the revision, there is no point around bear.

It's much easier to complain about the music than worry about uncle being confused and all the tests coming back negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment