Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Trying not to shop

I've found something for bear to give DH.  I've ordered the alcohol for father.  I'm refusing to buy another thing for bear (at least for now).  As soon as DH's wages come in I will be over on Amazon buying the last few bits.  I've even bought a load of party supplies for bear's birthday party.

I am sick of spending money and I never thought I would say that.

On the other hand the little halogen heater in the study where I work is broken.  One of the tubes has given out.  As it has seen a lot of service I am not really upset.  One of the little tubes still works and that means that the chill is taken off at 400w, which is good.  However if it does get colder then I am going to struggle.

I could buy a new heater for £7.40 (including postage).  I could also buy a replacement tube in a pack of 3 for £3.99 (including postage).  I ought to get the tubes, but I am utterly confident that I have absolutely no idea how to get at the tube to replace it.  There are screws at the back that are probably where I need to start twiddling and then the reflector thingies behind the tubes that will need taking out, cleaning and replacing afterwards.  I can't see how I could remove the grill at the front.

I have made a strategic decision.  There are other heaters in the house I could use if it became too much and there are also lots of blankets, cherry stone heat bags and cups of hot tea.  If I feel absolutely desperate then I shall see if I can get the grill off the front and remove the faulty tube.  If I can't do that I shall invest in a new heater.  If I can do that I shall invest in the tubes.  However hopefully I can do without spending on either for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment