Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Spending

I'm getting a new slow cooker.  After writing such a sanctimonious post about how to choose a slow cooker I got one too small.  I have just shoe-horned a ham shank in with a few bits of leek and some no-soak peas.  Last time I did this I used loads of veggies and we had a really large helping of healthy(ish - not sure about the salt) soup.  I think I am going to have to do some form of extra main course or a large dessert.  I normally don't bother with dessert.

It is coming with a side order of a nerf gun.  I am not keen on this at all, but DH is fine and he and bear have been having nerf gun wars after building forts in bear's bedroom.  Bear wrote a very long list of all the guns he wants.  I didn't have the heart to point out that if he writes out a list of things he wants I should be able to read it.  His writing is absolutely appalling.  It's quite good for a six-nearly-seven year old but it is a challenge.

He is going to be disappointed.  While DH plays guns with him he can't really play in the street with them as the lads two doors down do break the toys of others deliberately.  They actively seek out stuff to break, and not just from bear.  Besides the PC is going to be such a big present that I am not at all keen on too much more.  Bear did suggest airily that the PC could wait until next year and he could have nerf this year, but as the PC is on its last legs I think this year would be better.

I was quite pleased to get a mail shot from Approved Foods with dishwasher tablets at 10p each.  Actually £2.50 divided by 20 is 12.5p and by the time you paid postage there wasn't that much saving.  There wasn't that much else I wanted.  The last lot I got was from ebay (my friend) and was 'seconds'.  They've done fine.

Anyway, I'm off to worry about what to get inlaws for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment