Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

Keeping on

I always feel a bit shaky after finishing a novel.  I've been here before so I am not entirely objective.  On the other hand I am not as bad when I published The Forgotten Village.  I was a complete basket case then.

I did manage to accidentally buy a dress during the last thousand words of Digging up the Past.  I am not exactly sure what was going on in my mind as the last time I wore a dress was my wedding over twenty years ago and bear has never seen me in a skirt even.  When I told bear that I had bought a dress he looked at me with a mixture of sceptism, wariness and suspicion.

Fortunately when it arrived it is the sort of dress that while very comfy (and I think a size to big), makes a very nice top to wear under a sweater and over jeans.

Dinner tonight is fish fingers.  I have a Market Delivered delivery coming with fresh fish from the market coming.  However DH has said that he really wants to have it in breadcrumbs and fried.  He is doing that tomorrow.  I am not safe to fry things.

I also found a recipe for bacon jam, via MSE.  I am sitting on my hands.

2 comments: